Toronto Sun Powers Up its Website
July 29, 2020 (Toronto, ON) — Visitors to the Toronto Sun website will notice more of what they love about the Sun, but amped up with better performance on every platform. The new torontosun.com builds on the momentum of relaunched news websites across Postmedia brands. Between now and the end of August, all of Postmedia’s tabloid newspapers will feature all new upgrades including faster load times, easier navigation and more value for advertisers.
“This new look reflects the Sun sensibility – irreverent, bold and brassy and now with an overall better user experience,” said Adrienne Batra, Editor in Chief, Toronto Sun. “From in-depth local news stories and hard hitting columnists to entertainment, politics, comprehensive sports coverage and more, the Toronto Sun has it covered – and on every platform that our readers want it.”
Toronto Sun is the first of Postmedia’s tabloid brands to launch a new website. Redesigned websites will roll out for Calgary Sun, Edmonton Sun, Ottawa Sun, Winnipeg Sun and Vancouver’s The Province between now and the end of August.
New features of torontosun.com
Faster Load Time
- According to Google PageSpeed Insights, the new site is up to 68 per cent faster to load on mobile devices, exceeding the best-in-class standard for performance.
- The redesign delivers an uninterrupted scrolling experience.
- More white space and less clutter make it easier to browse.
- Curated index and category pages spotlight the newest, most relevant stories.
- It’s easier to find the best videos and related playlists.
- The new site offers improved accessibility including a primary navigation menu that can be used with or without a mouse.
- Fully responsive on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
- Discoverability widgets help users find new content on the site or across the network
- Comments are now cross-device compatible and let users leave a comment, get email notifications and follow or unfollow other commenters.
- Additional ad slots on home page and long-form content
- Improved performance due to viewability
- Rich Interscroller
The initiative is being supported by an integrated advertising campaign produced in-house by Postmedia’s marketing team.
About Toronto Sun
Toronto Sun is a division of Postmedia Network Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Postmedia Network Canada Corp. (TSX:PNC.A, PNC.B), a Canadian newsmedia company representing more than 125 brands across multiple print, online, and mobile platforms. Award-winning journalists and innovative product development teams bring engaging content to millions of people every week whenever and wherever they want it. This exceptional content, reach and scope offers advertisers and marketers compelling solutions to effectively reach target audiences. For more information, visit www.awantfood.com.
For more information:
Vice President, Communications